What is JIPMER ?
JIPMER is a national level under graduate medical entrance exam, conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for the admission to MBBS programmes.
- The Applicant should be an Indian National
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or should have been born on or before 01-01-2001
- No upper age limit.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination(+2 or equivalent) and competitive entrance examination. Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes/OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination is 40%.
Distribution Of Seats
Common Entrance Examination for 150 seats at JIPMER Campus Puducherry (JCP) + 50 seats at JIPMER Campus Karaikal (JCK)
- Number of seats to be filled for MBBS 2016 session at JIPMER CAMPUS PUDUCHERRY (JCP) is represented here under :-
|(B)||Other Backward Classes (OBC) ||28|
|(C)||Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|(D)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|(F)||NRI / OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme) ||5|
- *P-UR-23, P-OBC-11 & P-SC-6.
OPH - From the above seats, Four (04) are allotted to eligible OPH candidates on
horizontal reservation basis.
- Number of seats to be filled for MBBS 2016 session at JIPMER CAMPUS KARAIKAL (JCK) is represented here under:-
|(B)||Other Backward Classes (OBC) ||10|
|(C)||Scheduled Caste (SC)||6|
|(D)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||4|
|(F)||NRI / OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme) ||1|
- *P-UR-7, P-OBC-5 & P-SC-2.
OPH - From the above seats, Two (02) are allotted to eligible OPH candidates on horizontal reservation basis.
- Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE. Online application will be available at www.jipmer.edu.in
- on-line submission of application forms starts on every year in the month of February/March(Dates may change)
Medium and Mode Of Exam
- The Mode of Examination is On-line only
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY
- The pattern of JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination is Physics: 60Q, Chemistry: 60Q, Biology: 60Q, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning: 10Q & English and Comprehension: 10Q
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded ONE mark. ZERO mark will be given for the question NOT answered. There is NO NEGATIVE MARKING.
The official website of the Board for JIPMER is www.jipmer.edu.in