National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination, 2017 is the exam for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA. National Defence Academy is a premier joint training institution and center of excellence for grooming junior leaders for the Indian armed forces and armed forces of Friendly Foreign Countries.
Approximate Number of Vacancies:
|National Defence Academy||335 (208 for Army, 55 for Navy and 72 for Air Force)|
|Naval Academy(10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)||55|
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, SriLanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2001 are eligible.
- Educational Qualifications:
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Physical Standards: List of physical standards is available at the official website of the upsc online exams which is mentioned at the below of this notification.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in
- Registration for the exam will be take two parts, Part-I and Part-II. Candiadtes should complete both the two parts.
|SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs||Remaining|
Mode of Exam: Pen and Paper based
|Mathematics||01||2 1/2 Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||02||2 1/2 Hours||600|
|There will be a negative mark for every wrong answer|
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
After qualifying in the entrance examination, candidate should attend for personal interview and physical test.
|Online Submission of application starts from||18th January, 2017|
|Last date to apply||10th February, 2017 till 6.00 PM.|
|Download of e-Admit Card||Three weeks before the
commencement of the examination|
For complete information about National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination, 2017, visit https://upsconline.nic.in/